15 June 2015
Baby Potatoes Vegetable Recipe
Here Is My Baby Potatoes Vegetable Recipe video...
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
About Baby Potatoes Vegetable
Baby potatoes are immature potatoes. These are prepared with the skin as the skin is thin and soft.
Though there are various ways of preparing Indian dishes with baby potatoes, this here is a North Indian style Baby Potatoes vegetable that we usually make.
It is a very simple and straightforward recipe that you can easily make and which does not require any extraordinary culinary skills.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
Ready in: 1 hour
Yields: Serves 5-6 people
How To Prepare Baby Potatoes Vegetable
1. Chop all the baby potatoes in half. Do not remove the skin.
2. Add oil to a pan. Heat the oil on high flame and when hot add the cumin seeds and garlic-ginger paste. Roast a little on medium flame for about 2 minutes till the spices leave their flavor.
3. Now add all the masalas except mango powder and chopped green coriander leaves. Mix well.
4. Add the Chopped baby potatoes mix them well and cover the pan with a lid. Reduce the flame to low and let them cook till they are done. If the potatoes start to stick to the bottom of the pan and are not yet soft add a little water mix and cook till soft.
5. When the potatoes are soft add the mango powder, mix well and then the chopped coriander leaves, mix and cover with the lid. Put off the flame.
6. Your chopped baby potato vegetable is ready.
Mango powder is added at the end because if added earlier it delays the normal cooking time of potatoes.