12 April 2015
How To Make Ajwain (Carom Seeds) Paratha
Here is my Ajwain Paratha recipe video.
About Ajwain & Paratha
Ajwain is also called carom seeds.
Paratha is Indian fried crisp Indian flatbread.
Ajwain is a spice that has many medicinal properties and it especially corrects issues relating to digestion and the stomach. So this is a very healthy breakfast option. Read about the many health benefits of ajwain by clicking this blue link.
Eat this paratha with homemade butter and pickle and a glass of salty buttermilk.
How To Prepare
1. Take some dough make a medium sized ball and flatten it a bit. Dust both sides with dry flour.
2. Roll this out into a round shape. Then sprinkle salt to taste and some ajwain on this.
3. Fold one side 1/3 of the way in and then the other the same way.
4. Fold the unfolded ends in the same way as before and you will get a square shaped dough.
5. Roll this out into a square shaped paratha.
6. Roast both sides of the paratha a bit and apply some oil to both these sides alternately, till the paratha is cooked and comes out crisp with nicely browned spots.
Some Of My Other Recipes
How To Make Pasta In White Sauce
An Italian dish with an Indian twist...
Punjabi Sookhi Urad Dal Recipe (Tempered Dry Lentils)
A dry dal dish made the Punjabi way...
Chilli Soya Nuggets Vegetable Recipe
A high protein tasty dish for vegetarians...
Vada Pav (Potato Fritter In Bread Bun) Recipe
Make the popular Mumbai street food...