16 April 2015
How To Make Gobhi (Stuffed Cauliflower) Paratha
My Gobi (Stuffed Cauliflower) Paratha video below shows the method I describe here.
About Gobi Paratha
Gobi Paratha is a traditional Punjabi breakfast food popular in Punjab state of India that is usually eaten during winter season when fresh cauliflower is aplenty in the market.
This paratha stuffing is made with fresh cauliflower to which a variety of spices are added.
Gobi paratha, along with aloo paratha and mooli (radish) paratha are among the most popular parathas in Punjab.
Gobi paratha can be eaten with pickle, curd (yogurt), malai (fresh cream) or makhan (homemade butter).
How To Prepare Gobhi Paratha
1. Grate the cauliflower and squeeze out the water thoroughly since this grated cauliflower will be put inside the dough and the parathas will turn out nice & crispy when as dry as possible.
2. Mix all spices and other ingredients in the grated cauliflower well. This is the stuffing for the paratha.
3. Keep the tava on medium heat.
4. Take some dough, make a ball, flatten it and roll it out into a disc shape roti. Roll out another one in the same way.
5. Spread some stuffing on one rolled out roti and place the other roti on top. Press all around the ends to seal them. Roll this out to a thin round paratha.
6. Put this paratha on the hot tava and cook it a little on both sides. Then apply some oil alternately on both sides and roast this till the paratha is roasted nice and crispy.
7. Serve fresh & hot.
Some Of My Other Recipes
Ajwain (Carom Seeds) Paratha
A healthy breakfast food...
Butter & Ghee at home from Malai or Fresh milk cream
Make it easily at home...
Punjabi Maah Chole Ki Dal
Make the traditional Punjabi dal with my recipe easily...
Make the popular Mumbai street food at home ...