25 April 2015
Punjabi Aloo Paratha (Stuffed Potato Paratha) Recipe
My video below shows how you can make delicious Punjabi Aloo Parathas.
About Aloo Paratha
Aloo is potato and paratha is fried Indian flatbread.
Aloo paratha is Stuffed Potato flatbread.
Aloo paratha is a traditional Punjabi breakfast food that is usually eaten in the winter season along with plain dahi (yogurt), butter and some pickle. A glass of lassi to down it with is like the proverbial icing on the cake and keeps one satiated for hours.
The Aloo paratha is a favorite with people all over the country.
You will need the following ingredients.
How To Prepare Aloo Paratha
1. To the boiled & mashed potatoes add the chopped onions, ginger paste, green chillies, mint leaves, salt, ajwain, garam masala, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
2. Mix well to make a homogenous mixture. Check the salt and add more if needed.
3. Take some dough and roll into a small ball in the palm. With the rolling pin roll it out into a small flat round disc shape (roti). Make another one in this way.
4. Place a handful of the potato & spice mixture on one roti and spread it evenly all over it. Place the other roti over this and close the edges by pressing both together.
5. Roll out this paratha like you did for the roti earlier.
6. Heat a tawa or skillet on medium flame and place the paratha on it when hot.
7. Cook one side slightly, then flip it over and pour some oil, 1 tsp, on the cooked side and spread it over the paratha.
8. When the other side is slightly cooked flip it over and now put a tsp oil on this side and spread it all over the paratha.
9. Keep flipping over the paratha till both sides are fried crisp and brown evenly.
10. Serve the Aloo paratha hot with homemade butter or fresh milk cream, dahi (yogurt) and some pickle. A glass of cold lassi to go with this would make for a filling meal.
Search more recipes by me in the search box below.
More Recipes By Me
How to make makhan & ghee from fresh malai at home
Make pure ghee and butter at home...
Chawal Wala (stuffed rice) paratha
Make stuffed rice paratha and use your leftover rice...
Andewale Toast, French Toast (Eggy Bread)
Make a quick and tasty breakfast...
Make this delicious Indian yogurt preparation