15 March 2017
Homemade Tomato Sauce (Tomato Ketchup)
Check out my homemade tomato sauce recipe video below.
About Homemade Tomato Sauce
Delicious and healthy tomato sauce/ketchup can easily be made at home. This recipe uses no preservative and the method involves adding adding a homemade spice extract to the tomato sauce giving it a unique and delightful taste & flavor.
Do watch my recipe video above for the step by step process and handy tips to make a healthy & yummy tomato sauce that you can have with snacks like samosas, patties, kachoris, burgers, etc.
Watch another tomato ketchup recipe video of mine below with a slight variation to the recipe above in a few ingredients & addition of vinegar.
1. add tomatoes, onions, garlic & ginger paste & water to pressure cooker & boil for 10 minutes after the first whistle on low heat
2. when pressure eases mash with hand masher. strain through a colander. discard the solid waste
3. keep the pulp to cook on medium heat. stir it from time to time while we make the sat (extract) of the garam masala & red chilli powder now in a traditional way
4. keep pot on medium heat. add 100 ml water, garam masala & red chilli powder. heat to a boil, then reduce heat to low & let simmer for 40-45 seconds. now strain out the water.
5. when the tomato pulp comes to a boil add the sugar & give a nice stir.
6. add the extract to the tomato pulp & cook till it becomes thick. stir regularly in between & keep heat on medium
7. blend the pulp with a hand blender till very smooth & then cook it till nice & thick. keep heat around low-medium
8. you can do a plate test to check if there is any water remaining in the tomato sauce
9. when ready remove from heat & cool. fill in clean dry bottle & store in the fridge.