5 October 2017
Lauki Ka Halwa - Dudhi Halwa - Ghiya Halwa - Bottlegourd Halwa Recipe
About Lauki Ka Halwa
lauki ka halwa or dudhi ka halwa is a dessert made with bottlegourd. it is very simple & quick to make and very yummy. prepare it for festivals or have it anytime you wish to.
my recipe video above will guide you step by step as i show you how this sweet dessert is prepared. do check it out as i offer useful tips as well.
500 grams lauki/bottlegourd, grated
100 grams sugar
2 tbsp desi ghee/clarified butter
1 cup milk
3 tbsp fresh malai/cream
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
How To Make Lauki Ka Halwa
1. add the grated lauki & milk to a kadahi. cook on medium heat till the milk dries, about 10 minutes stirring continuously
2. add the sugar & mix well. stir till it dissolves & cook till the water almost dries up, about 2-3 minutes
3. add the malai, cardamom powder & the chopped nuts saving some for garnishing
4. stir cook till the water dries up again.
5. add the desi ghee & stir roast the halwa for 2 minutes
6. transfer to a bowl & garnish with the remaining nuts
Health Articles By Rajan Singh Jolly